Monday, June 13, 2011

The Hunt for Running Shoes Part 2: Discovering MERRELL’S Barefoot Trail Glove

(NOTE: Part 1 of this post can be found here.)

Very recently, I was introduced to a new line of running shoes by Merrell called the Barefoot Collection. I was fortunate to meet someone from Merrell two Saturdays ago who oriented me about the products' features and encouraged me to test one in the upcoming Merrell Adventure Run at Timberland Heights, San Mateo Rizal on the 18th. 


I became excited because although I had some trail running experiences in the past, it will be my first official Trail Run Race. Five days later, I visited the Merrell store in Festival Mall, Alabang and registered for the run. I also checked out the Barefoot line of shoes.

First good impressions

I tried several styles and sizes and landed on the Trail Glove model. I was told that the recommended ideal fitting should be almost the same length of one’s foot to give a contour feeling as the shoes hug the feet. The lace adjustment in the middle-foot area acts as stability support – this is an advantage for people like me with high-arched feet.

One thing I noticed right away is that even if the shoes fit snugly, the cavity in the toe area is much more spacious and allowed my toes to move in all directions. So, aside from registering for the race, I also caved in and bought myself a pair of Merrell's Trail Glove shoes.


Read my post about training with Merrell’s Trail Glove next.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...