Friday, December 11, 2015

POGS Run 2015 Partners with MederMom to Support Mothers

I have been running and joining races for more than five years now. As far as popular race venues around the Metro are concerned, I believe I experienced running in almost all of them. I’ve been hearing from my running friends that Camp Aguinaldo has good running routes, but I never had the experience of  running inside the Camp. 


Last November 21, 2015, I was fortunate to be invited to join a fun run organized by the Philippine Obstetrics and Gynecological Society – POGS. I believe that they have been organizing a fun run for the last three years already and the venue is always Camp Aguinaldo. It was a 15k run on a 5k loop around the camp that covers the eastern side wall of the camp passing Gate 1 on the side of Boni Serrano Street. 

with my wife and son
We arrived at the venue five minutes late but the race director Jinoe Gavan of takbo.ph still allowed me to catch up. The road is paved but street lights were not sufficient which made running while it's still dark a bit of a challenge. Good thing that it was only a 15k route, so the next loop was not as challenging anymore because I was able to familiarize myself with the turns. On my last loop, I increased my pace a bit so I can at least recover from my late start. It’s a good thing that I still finished the run at 1 hour 25 minutes, a decent time for me.


This year’s run is dedicated to mothers who, over the years of bearing children, have developed unwanted stretch marks on their bellies causing psychological anxiety that affects their self-confidence. Despite these issues, these mothers are committed to hold her family together, setting aside her aesthetic appearance. Publicly, these mothers don’t mind, but secretly, they suffer emotionally. 


That is why Mederma, a leading group that offers a breakthrough in scar management, encourages mothers who incurred pregnancy stretch marks to use MederMom. Carefully formulated with Onion Extract, Centella Asiatica and Hyaluronic Acid, MederMom is clinically proven to have a triple restore action that softens, smoothens and replenishes skin in as early as two weeks of regular use.

POGS in partnership Mederma, will continue its campaign to support maternal care programs to mothers all over the Philippines with workshops that will bring hope to mothers who have dedicated their lives in caring for their families.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...