Monday, November 16, 2015

ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser Review

It has been a long time since I reviewed a tech-gadget that I really like. In 2012, I was able to acquire a high-end phablet which, at the time, was among one the first smartphones with a 13MP camera and an Intel chipset. Intel, noted for its very reliable processing speed when it comes to desktops and laptops didn’t quite follow through when they put it in smartphones like my old one. Somehow, overheating was an issue. Luckily, my phone still lasted for three years because I am a fairly careful user. I think that is already a long time for a smartphone’s life span.


However, my old phone’s android version was so outdated, it was time for a replacement. Among the numerous Android phones available today, I really wanted to have something that gives value for money. I am so glad to have found the ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser. Its predecessor, the Zenfone 5, actually already has exciting features but the ASUS Zenfone 2 is a much, much better version. 

Not only has it an improved internal memory capacity of up to 16GB, it is moreover expandable to 128GB. This smartphone also has enhanced camera features with manual operation, much like what a DSLR Camera can do. Aside from these, there are cool features that allow you to preview the enhanced look of a particular picture using sample guides to choose from. 





One issue that bothered me with my old phone was its internal battery. When it gets overheated, you cannot take the battery out to help it cool down faster. With the Zenfone 2, the battery is detachable from the unit that makes it more practical. The battery has a high capacity of 2070mAh, enough to cover the use of apps and features in much longer period of time. On my busiest days, I’d only charge it once and still get a few bars of power to spare at the end of the day. 

Although other phones are into the 13MP level in their back cameras and the Zenfone 2 has 8MP, I made a comparable shot with my old phone’s 13MP camera and the Zenfone 2’s 8MP camera and these are the test results: 


You can very much notice that these two raw photos hardly have any difference in terms of clarity and crispness. Plus, since most of the shots taken from phones today are being uploaded in social media like Facebook or Instagram, resolutions of original shots tend to be resized automatically. So whether you made the shot with 13MP or 8MP cameras, when posted on FB or IG, you won’t see much difference because they are already resized. 


The Zenfone 2 is powered by Qualcomm SnapDragon S410 – Quad-Core with 1.2 Ghz processing speed. With this speed, you can never have any problems in lag time, or hanging. It can process all your apps and features much quicker. 

The ASUS Zen PhoneFone 2 laser indeed provides value for money with its price tag of PHP7,295. I’ve been using this for more than two weeks now, and I’m still scratching the surface of what this smartphone can do. Next month, watch out for my follow up reviews about this amazing phone. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...