Monday, July 4, 2016

Robinson’s Fit&Fun Wellness Buddy Run on its 9th year!

Among the good things that were brought out after I started running six years ago, is the good influence I was able to bring to my family. Years ago, my wife, Ruth couldn’t even have the courage to run a three kilometer distance in any fun run, much so, trading up extended hours of sleep on a Sunday morning. My son, Gab could not take a break from playing video games and would instantly decline my encouragement to run a few kilometers within our village. But I just do what I do, and allow the people around me to see the good results I make whenever I run. After years of persuasions, lo and behold! From a sole running man six years ago, now to a running family!  

From NonoyRuns to #FlorescaRuns...
I started to join Robinsons Fit&Fun Wellness Buddy Run five years ago when the followers were still in a couple thousands. Year after year, as the growth of the running community are increasing exponentially, so does the new followers of the Fit&Fun Wellness Buddy Run. Soon after, my running buddies also grew in numbers from wife to now with the whole family. 

Robinson's Fit&Fun Wellness Buddy Run 2014, with my son Gab
This year, it was our first time to bring our third son, James who is a special child. Even though he can not run with us because of his disability, we made sure that he is part of the family that advocates wellness. My son, Gab and I ran for the 10k category and my wife, Ruth and my other son, Gene ran for 5k while James enjoyed being push by his mom and brother on his wheelchair along the 5k route. 

Robinson's Fit&Fun Wellness Buddy Run 2015 with Gab, this time a barefoot runner...  
Robinson's Fit&Fun Wellness Buddy Run 2016...
 This activity of Robinson’s is part of the wellness campaign of the Robinson’s Supermarket which highlights brands that are recognized to contribute health and wellness to the consumers. Last week was the kick-off of the campaign that was held at the Robinson’s Magnolia in New Manila district. The event was a show case of brands that supports health and wellness such as, Nestle, Johnson and Johnson, Nivea and Fontera among others. 

Photo from last year's Wellness Campaign event... 


Coincidentally, my wife and I recently visited several agricultural farms that advocates and practices organic produce. From vegetables, coconuts, herbs to livestock including pigs and cattle, these farms, as much as they are still few in numbers, refuse to use harmful chemical fertilizers and pesticides even it will give them a much faster growth rate for a quick profit. It uses only natural concocted agents that are good to the plants and animals and to the consumer as well. 

Organic Coconut seedlings of Buhain Diversified Farm, Initao, Misamis Oriental...
Our visits in the organic farms indeed reinforces our lifestyle to live fit and healthy. So for those who wish to clean up and detox unwanted toxins in their bodies, one may consider buying foods that supports wellness and engage in one of the cheapest form but very effective exercises and that is running. Visit Robinson’s Supermarket and look for the brands with yellow tags. These products are guaranteed to offer no less than healthy results if you wish to live fit and fun, and there is nothing more exciting to pursue running than doing it with your love ones.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...