Friday, January 11, 2013

Subic Internaitonal Marathon 2013 Now on its 8th Year



The long wait is almost over. Only 18 days to go and it’s the Subic International Marathon 2013 once again!



I remember, it was just over a year ago I had a the opportunity of joining this memorable marathon race because it was also my debut marathon where I completed to finish 42k at 5 hours and on barefoot. I can still refresh the memories of every kilometer I ran, including my preparations, training and finally the cardiac-moment of anticipation while I and 420 others waited for the gun start at Remy Field, Subic. Truly, every step of that 42 kilometer was a journey of self discovery and adventure.



And now, with a couple two more 42s on my shoulder, I will return to Remy Field on January 27, 2013 as a much stronger and mature barefoot runner, anxious to experience another full marathon adventure. I’m also excited to see fellow marathoners from last year’s SIM, the runners who paced me, those who bothered to stop and helped me during some of my pit-stop and gave me some stretching. To all of them, I’m truly grateful.



Subic International Marathon 2013 is produced and co-organized by two groups namely, CORPS Movement and Dilaab Foundation. These two organizations are also in partnership with eXtribe as the chief race organizer. Five years ago, Gen. (Ret.) Sammy Tucay instituted this event along side with a movement which he also founded. Originally, the objective is to transform misbehaved police officer in a form of a boot-camp, and each participating officer is achieved to be holistically upright and fit enough to run a full marathon; hence, the SMI was born. 



Started only as a national event with 5,000 runners, it has grown over the years to an international marathon now being participated by seasoned runners from different parts of the Asian Region and some countries around the world. 



As the organizers continue to forge on with their vision, SMI will continue to grow and will eventually be a premier marathon event in the Philippines. SIM, will be held at the Remy Field inside Subic on January 26 to January 27, 2013.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...