Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Run United Rallies Filipinos to “Exceed Yourself” in 2013



I have been joining the runs of Run United for three years now, and last year’s was a special one for me because finally, I completed the three medals of the trilogy and had the opportunity to vie for the first ever Run United Philippine Marathon. It was supposed to be an epic run that culminates my running project for 2012 but came a week before the RUPM, my work required me to go to Mindanao for a training facilitation. I Accepted the task because the schedule ends on the day before RUPM, and so I thought. On the day of my flight back to Manila, one freak of nature broke loose in Mindanao and the weather at that time was not on my side. All flights to Manila were cancelled. Whaaaaa!!! And there goes my RUPM.



As soon as I went back to Manila and still with a heavy heart, I tried my best not to view any photos of RUPM in the FB because I felt really bad and I really felt that I was betrayed by circumstances. But as my days became gloomier, a silver lining of hope came by. A blogger-ultra runner friend of mine Blas Ople Tianco a.k.a. Titanium Runner offered me to run at Quezon City International Marathon which I happily accepted with great thanks giving in my heart. Just a week ago, it was followed by another full marathon opportunity at Subic International Marathon 2013 which I completed at 4 hours and 58 minutes.



Over the years of running, I came to a point to learn organize my running schedules and trainings. I have learned that not all running opportunities will push through for me because it will come a time that it will interfere with other important matters. For this 2013, I will make sure that all of my running dates are geared towards my improvement and growth as a runner. So this year, I will plan my schedule better and finally complete the Run United Trilogy and RUPM 2013.



Last week, I was so fortunate to be a part of the launching of the Run United 1 2013 first series. It was held at the function room of Active Building at the Bonifacio Global City. It was attended by Unilab’s key People, members of the media and in the running circle and of course Run Rio with Coach Rio Dela Cruz himself.



Organizers of RU1 talked about some important concerns regarding the increasing demands of running slots on longer distances. It’s another proof that the Pinoys are really getting serious in running now days and they're getting more mature as well. So this year, RU will focus on those concerns and will make sure that more runners can register on longer categories. In addition to that, RU Organizers have scratch out 3k category but will retain the 500 meter dash for kids. So this coming RU-1, categories will be 500m, 5k, 10k, and 21k.



Another change that RU organizers presented is the race rout. Unlike the previous years were 21k and 32k started at BGC and ended at SM MOA, this time, all distances will start and end at SM Mall of Asia to address baggage and logistic concerns. I guess, they have thought of this idea because, it entails a lot of cost bringing in several buses of baggage’s of runners from BGC to MOA, not to mention the issues of confusion in claiming them. Since they have cut the cost in that area, RU runners this year will expect a much bigger Unilab Active Festival and much better tokens for runners. Yeppeee!! !



Much more are expected to improve on this year’s RU, and some of them are the race singlets and finisher’s shirts that are far better than before, the construction, design and fabric quality are superb. The finishers medals have change as well, with a new cut-out puzzle pattern pieces that will make runners crave to complete the trilogy even more. All these and more awaits all RU loyalties for this year’s Run United Trilogy Series.



The complete Run United 2013 race schedules are as follows: Run United 1 on March 17, Run United 2 on June 2, and Run United Philippine Marathon on October 6. Prior to this, the Bull Runner Dream Marathon will kick off on February 24, 2013. 



For Triathletes , Tri United 1 2013 on March 10, 2013 and Tri United 2 will be on July 7 2013 both will be held at Playa Laiya Batangas. Tri United 3 is on October 26 in Subic and the fourth and final leg of Tri United will be fired off in Ayala Alabang on November 24, 2013. Moreover, Unilab Active Health Duathlon will be on September 8 at SCTEX, Clark Pampanga. 

 For details, please visit www.unilabactivehealth.com



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...